Subscribe to receive our Floor Reports covering all the action on the Texas House and Senate floor!
Relating to the establishment of the Texas Energy Disaster Reliability Council
HB 13 would establish the Texas Energy Disaster Reliability Council to help prepare for and respond to state emergencies and disasters. They would take on the following duties to accomplish this:
(1) prevent an extended power outage caused by a disaster;
(2) implement procedures to manage emergencies caused by a disaster;
(3) maintain records of critical infrastructure facilities to maintain service in a disaster;
(4) coordinate the delivery of fuel to electric generators in a disaster;
(5) monitor supply chains in the electric grid to minimize service disruptions; and
(6) study and make recommendations on methods to maintain reliability in the electric grid, including gas supply networks, during a disaster.
Texas action does not take any stance on HB 13 as it does not impact our liberty principles.