84(R) - 2015
Transportation & Infrastructure
Relating to the creation of the Transportation Safety and Access Advisory Committee.
No significant fiscal implication to the State is anticipated.
This legislation would amend the Transportation Code to establish the Transportation Safety and Access
Advisory Committee,composed of representatives appointed by:
- Texas chapter of the American Planning
- Texas chapter of the American Society of
- Association of Texas Metropolitan Planning
- The Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Department of State Health Services
- An organization determined by the department that represents bicyclists.
- An organization that
represents persons with disabilities.
- Texas Association of Counties
- Texas Municipal League
The purpose of this committee is to study methods, infrastructure including sidewalks and bicycle lanes, and ways the department can improve the safety and access of all users of
state or federally funded transportation projects.
Vote Recommendation Notes
This legislation does not weigh for or against the principles we consider to provide bill analysis, therefore, we remain neutral.